Diplomate (10 year renewal certification), American Board of Plastic Surgery
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Accredited Certification in Plastic and Reconstruction Surgery Medical College of Virginia
General Surgery Residency 3 yrs. St. Lukes-Roosevelt Hospital Center, N.Y.
Obstetrics/Gynecology Residency 1 yr. S.U.N.Y. Brooklyn/Kings County Hospital
Bachelor of Medicine. Bachelor of Surgery (MB.BS)
University of the West Indies, Jamaica
B.Sc. (Honors) University of Windsor, Canada
2001 – Present
- Private Plastic and Reconstruction Surgery Practice, Nassau, Bahamas
- Hand and Maxillofacial reconstruction service.
- Quarterly Surgical Outreach Missions to remote areas.
Graduate / Post Graduate Education
1980 to 1984
- University of Windsor, Canada
- Major – Biology, Minor – Biochemistry
- Attained Presidents Honor Roll
- Graduated with Honors degree
1984 to 1989
University of West Indies School of Medicine, Jamaica, MB. BS. Program
- Bahamas Medical Council
- Jamaican Medical Council
- General Medical Council, Great Britain
- Virginia State Medical License (expire 2001)
Academic Awards / Achievements
2009 – present
Elected Chief of Surgery, Doctors Hospital, Nassau, Bahamas.
Awarded the S. Dawson Theogaraj prize for academic excellence Medical College of Virginia.
Prize Essay: Residents Essay Competition
“Pulmonary Artery Catheters in the Intensive Care Unit”
Alcan Scholarship for academic achievement (Univ. West Indies School of Medicine)
- Presented August 2014 Emergency Room Grand Rounds: “Management of hand trauma in the emergency room.”
- Presented October 2013 Surgical Grand Rounds: “Twelve years of Breast Reconstruction in the Bahamas…, a retrospective”
- Presented October 2012 Emergency Room Grand Rounds: “Treatment of Animal Bites in the emergency room.”
- Presented at the 2011 Bahamas Medical Conference: Evidence based facial rejuvenation.
- Presented at the 2007 American Society of Plastic Surgery Conference, Baltimore: The “no vertical scar” technique for breast reduction: a review of 90 cases.
- Presented at the 2001 International Chief Residents Conference, Providence, Rhode Island: Diagnosis and management of Microform Cleft Lip.
- Presented at the 2001 S. Dawson Theogaraj Invitation Conference, Joseph McCarthy presiding: Review of Microform Clefts and evaluation of results.
- Choices and Decision-making for the microform cleft-lip: In print.
- American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology: Endometrisis with Massive Ascites; report of four cases and review of the literature.
- Variations in human placental 11-dehydrogenase and 11-oxoreductase activities of 11-hydroxysteriod dehydrogenase enzyme during pregnancy.*
- *Presented at the Endocrine Society Annual Meeting, Anaheim, California.
- January 1993 Best Research Paper Award: Bahamas Medical Conference – Utilization of the Operating Theater Time.